Monday, July 9, 2007

Saturday night, the Left and I could've ended up at a drum-n-bass rave/dj show among underaged kids and ecstasy peddlers. Instead (thanks to a tip from my friend Natcha), we went to the Hollywood Bowl to see the Decemberists with the LA Phil (along with Band of Horses). We definately looked like a couple of chump rookies though, making several trips to the concession stand for $9 beers instead of bringing our own wine, cheese and grapes in a red cooler like everyone else. And although the Decemberists did not sing the bicycle song nor song #14, the Left and I still had a rocking good time among the sea of long-hairs/fedoras/deep-v's/sleeve tattoos/fine wine aficionados (vintage 2004).



And yes, I know - this is no iphone picture.

In other news, Red and I have been feeling a little under the weather. The Left says that he's only acting this way because I baby him. But after seeing him dry heave on the bed, on the couch and finally throw up on the floor, I refused to follow the Left's parenting technique of ignoring him for 5 minutes (the Left also couldn't follow his own advise as I saw him sneaking in a belly rub during this 5-minute test period).

Lastly, please direct all birthday wishes to the comments section below. Red will be celebrating his 10-month birthday this Thursday.

No comments: